Natural remedies for discolored skin
Lemon contains citric acid that helps bleach the skin, making it a popular home treatment for hyperpigmentation. This natural bleaching agent can effectively fade dark blemishes on your skin.
- Extract fresh lemon juice and rub it on the skin using a cotton ball. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few months until you notice improvement.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a facial mask with equal amounts of lemon juice and raw honey. Mix the ingredients well and then apply it to the affected skin. Cover the skin with a warm towel for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once a week for a few months.
Note: Those who have sensitive skin must dilute the lemon juice with a little water before using it.
#2 Orange peel powder:
- Orange is loaded with Vitamin C (great for skin) and antioxidants, so if you don’t have the patience to dry and grind orange peels, run to your nearest organic store and get yourself a pack of orange peel powder.
- Mix this with yoghurt or honey or lemon every week and use as a face pack to get rid of stubborn dark patches on skin.
#3. Raw Potato
Raw potato works very well to help lighten hyperpigmented skin as well as other spots and blemishes on the skin.
Potatoes contain catecholase, an enzyme that is believed to help lighten skin tone.
- Peel a potato and cut it into thick slices. Put a few drops of water on the surface of a potato piece and then rub it on your skin for five to 10 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this three or four times a day for at least a month.
- Grate one medium-size potato and squeeze the juice out of it. Add an equal amount of lemon juice to it and mix well. Apply the solution on the pigmented area and leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off. Do this twice daily for a month.
- The beauty secret of grandmothers, turmeric is known for its healing as well as anti-bacterial properties in Ayurveda, so if in addition to skin discolouration, you find yourself dealing with bouts of acne, then turmeric is your best bet.
- Just mix a tablespoon with gram flour (besan), add rosewater or lemon juice and make a fine paste.
- Apply the pack on your face and leave it on until it dries.
- Do this even once a week along with one other pack and watch your skin transform!
Most packs have a way of drying your skin, so make sure to follow up with a gentle moisturizer like Olay Moisturizing Lotion for best results. And of course, if you suspect the patchiness could be the result of something deeper – such as hormonal changes – make sure to have it checked by a dermatologist. Either way, there’s no need to lose your head over a little patchy skin. Just follow these super-simple home remedies that don’t take more than a few minutes of your time and you’ll see that beauty really needn’t be expensive.
Aloe vera works excellently on hyperpigmented skin due to the presence of mucilaginous polysaccharides in the gel. It can remove the dead skin cells and promote regeneration of new skin cells.
- Before going to bed, apply some fresh aloe vera gel on the hyperpigmented skin and leave it on overnight. Rinse it off in the morning. Follow this remedy daily for a few weeks to get positive results.
- Combine two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and one-half tablespoon of raw honey. Mix well and allow it to settle for 10 minutes. Now apply the mixture to the pigmentation and let it dry naturally. After 20 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once daily for at least two weeks and every other day thereafter until you get the desired results.
#6Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is simply miraculous when it comes to reducing the appearance of dark patches on the skin due to hyperpigmentation. It has excellent skin lightening as well as astringent properties that can help restore your skin’s natural coluor.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. Use this solution to rinse the affected area. Leave it on for two to three minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to half a glass of warm water. Then mix in one teaspoon of honey. Drink this solution twice a day, morning and night, for a couple of weeks until you notice improvement.
- Thank us later, and quickly drop your comment based on the post.